Re: [John Muir Trail] Starting Monday

  • Ed Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
      Good Luck Jon, yea if you can't take the bus hitch hiking will work but keep in mind that it may take you awhile but there are people out there what are willing to help you out. I will tell you about my experiences hitching from YV to Lone Pine this year, got to Lone Pine just took me a while good luck have a safe trip.

      Ed

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
        Good luck Jon! I look forward to your pictures when you are through! carol moses

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
          Jon - I just realized we will be finishing a very long day and will be in Mammoth late on th e 18th, returning  on the 19th and can give you a ride to YNP or Fresno. I will let you know where we are staying later today. carol

          I am geared up and ready to go. I'm taking Amtrak to Yosemite Monday morning. My permit for a solo through-hike starts Tuesday. I'm planning for 17 days but I have 20 if something comes up. I am hoping the bugs are less of a problem. My biggest question mark is getting from Lone Pine back to Yosemite. I think I will be hitchhiking and using YART's. The last part is only going to work if they expand weekday service through Sept. or I add a couple days to the trip and head back on a Saturday. I will welcome the problem if it means I've made it to Whitney. See you on the trail!!!

          Jon

        • jonskiles
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
            That is very nice of you. I am going to be a few days behind you. I start hiking from HI on Tuesday the 6th and will be on the trail for 17 days. That would put me in Mammoth after you leave. Thank you so much for the offer.