Re: Off the trail

  • targetdoggmechanic
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2011
      Sounds like you did the right thing. Nothing worse than trying to tough it out and then have to put others lives and well being in jeapardy while an injury gets aggrevated and SAR is necessary. Even if it didnt get aggrevated, it isnt fun hiking with even a mild injury. The trail will always be there, and now you have an excuse to hike it thru or in sections again!

      I bailed on my first JMT after 60 miles and glad I did. I learned a lot then and each year I've done it since.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "roadndirt" <nelsonheathers@...> wrote:
      "I decided that this was the wise thing to do and here I sit wondering 'what if'! It was a long train ride home with lots of time to think about my decision. While at the acupuncturist yesterday I was finally convinced that I did the right thing. I have a mild ankle sprain that would have, more than likely, gotten way worse had I continued on"