Completed JMT 3 segments and 2 to go! Looks like John Muir Way will be open next year!

  • Srirama Dronamraju
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011
      Started from TM on Aug 9 &  fell sick at Edison Lake. VVR owner Jim kindly took me to Fresno where I left for LA. Recouped in 2 days and started the last segment from Onion V. and finished the hike on Aug 25 at Whitney Portal.  Great first time solo experience of 8 days.  Met John, the President of Apalachian Trail Team, Bruce, the perfect tie wearing gent from Scottland, who informed that Scottland finally recognized John Muir, the ecologist and environmentalist who created everlasting impressions on Americans is also their son of soil!  So a 100+ mile wilderness trail is being opened next year and will be named as "John Muir Way"!
      Just came back to Chicago still dreaming of mountains, waterfalls and meadows full of flowers!
      My most difficult snow and bolder hopping is on the north side of Forester.  The rest are easy huffing and puffing!
      Thanks to this board for all the info which helped me a lot!  Looked for Barbara at TM back packer's CG on Aug 8th but did not find her.  Ned's and Viraj's info helped a lot in snow traverse. Again Thanks to both!
      Krishna