Re: [John Muir Trail] Unsubscribing -- Why it's best to alternative change your email access to web only

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2011
      I want to re-affirm John's recommendation with reasons why anyone who wants to unsubscribe should instead just change their message access to "no emails".

      If you or a friend/relative of yours intends to ever come out on the JMT again, you'll want an updated cribsheet if one has been made.  (Cribsheet: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6j6axeq ).  You might also want some other files.  Our library is far from being a static library.  It's frequently updated.  By changing your access to "no emails" instead of unsubscribing, you leave yourself full access to our file libraries.

      Last, a survey of the group is going to be done this year, and we want to question those who have done the JMT this year especially, since it was such a historic year for snowpack and creek crossings.  You'll want to participate in this survey and be able to see its results.

      Roleigh

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:53 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      I don't know what causes the reported problems with unsubscribing.  But I join in Kim's suggestion that you stay a group member but change your Membership so that you have Web Access only.  (See Kim's e-mail below for instructions).  That way you can come back when you want to, but don't have a cluttered inbox.

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Kim Fishburn <outhiking_55@...> wrote:
      We've had a problem on the Hiker Yahoo group with people being unable to unsubscribe also. One thing you can do is to visit the group (scroll down to the bottom of this email and select Visit Your Group) and just above the blue bar on the page click on Edit Membership. On the next page under Step 2 change the setting to Web Only. That way you won't get any emails and will have to visit the group to read any postings. I'm assuming you first clicked on My Groups on the upper right side and then Edit My Groups in an attempt to leave the group.

      Kim

      From: Michael Cowan <Michael@...>

      ...I have enjoyed the User Group but now want to unsubscribe. However, my unsubscribe requests (several of them) have so far not been complied with. Can you get me unsubscribed?