Re: Hiking partner this summer and fish question.

  • e1705email
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2008
      Hi Paul. Wow! I would not have thought that anyone could have
      recognized that location from my description. Thank you for taking
      the time to respond. I vaguely now remember the name "No Tellum
      Lake". Perhaps I shouldn't have told.

      Anyway, I will open the Delorme Topo and mark the spot. I look
      forward to revisiting this, thanks to your help.

      Mahalo,

      > >I know exactly where you are talking about! This must be very
      > exciting to return to the JMT after 35 years (re-living some youth.)
      >
      > The stream you are looking for is Hidden Creek it flows out of No
      > Tellum Lake which is located just over Ghost Ridge below Hidden
      Peak.

      > The JMT is what ever you want to make it. I hope you find that
      > special place. Good hiking.
    • e1705email
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2008
        Hi again Paul,

        After looking hard and long for the places you named, I could not find
        them. I began to think that you were joking and quite a few people
        would get a good laugh out of that one. 'Hidden' peak, 'Ghost' ridge,
        and 'No Tellum' lake do sound suspicious, though I still think you
        might have been completely sincere.

        Let me know,

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <eaglepdub@...> wrote:

        > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "e1705email" <df@> wrote:
        > >I know exactly where you are talking about! This must be very
        > exciting to return to the JMT after 35 years (re-living some youth.)
        >
        > The stream you are looking for is Hidden Creek it flows out of No
        > Tellum Lake which is located just over Ghost Ridge below Hidden Peak.
        >
        > The JMT is what ever you want to make it. I hope you find that
        > special place. Good hiking.

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2008
          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "e1705email" <df@...> wrote:
          >That was my sense of humor at it's finest. I hope you have a great
          trip this summer. I have a group hiking the JMT in July/August.