log bridges

  • Steve Schauer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2008
      I remember that between Donahue Pass and Island Pass
      there are a couple of crossings around Rush Creek, and
      there is a log across one of them which we had to use
      in beginning of July, but in mid August we just hopped
      over some rocks. There is a log bridge across the
      outlet of Garnet Lake which is high, but there is a
      railing on one side.

      I can appreciate your fear, as I really had to
      overcome it to do the cables on Half Dome. I kept
      saying out loud, "The Lord God is my strength,and He
      enables me to walk on my high places," which is from
      the Bible. And lo and behold, I had the strength and
      the fear subsided.

      It is worth pushing past fear.