Leaving a car

  • Nate Koenig
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2008
      Hello,

      Does anyone one if it is possible to leave a car at both Whitney Portal and Yosemite Valley for 3 weeks in the beginning of August?

      Thanks,
      -nate

    • mbeilfuss
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2008
        You sure can leave a car at each place for three weeks. Did it last
        year, and didn't have any problem. Just make absolutely sure there
        isn't a crumb of food (or good smelling stuff) in your car. I saw a
        soft top Jeep ripped into and rummaged by a bear, and a truck which
        had it's back window shattered by a bear.
        A bear even tried to get into our car after we left it for about 1/2
        hour. Clean it and seal it up tight, and you should be fine.