Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: East Side Transportation

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
      How often do shuttles (from Mammoth) go to Reds Meadows or Postpile Monument (to get onto the JMT) starting at the point nearest Mammoth Lakes? We intend to hike from that point near Reds Meadows to Whitney Portal in late July/August this year.

      Where does one pick up this Shuttle in Mammoth? How frequent are the runs made and the price?

      Thanks!

    • Kevin Aston
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
        This is all answered on this site. The schedules are at the bottom
        of the page. http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm
        Kevin Aston

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...>
        wrote:

        > How often do shuttles (from Mammoth) go to Reds Meadows or Postpile
        Monument (to get onto the JMT) starting at the point nearest Mammoth
        Lakes? We intend to hike from that point near Reds Meadows to
        Whitney Portal in late July/August this year.

        > Where does one pick up this Shuttle in Mammoth? How frequent are
        the runs made and the price?

        > Thanks!

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
          wrote:
          >Roleigh,

          They run every 30 minutes from the top of the ski lift. See my post
          #1806 from yesterday for details on how to get from Mammoth Lakes to
          the top of the ski hill. The cost is around $12 per person.

          Nate,

          You can leave your vehicle both at Whitney Portal and Yosemite for
          extended periods of time, many people do. Just make sure no food is in
          the vehicle.

          Paul

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
            I saw that page, I'm asking about once you get to Mammoth, then getting to the trailhead (JMT) from Mammoth (the city). And I thank the person who posted this link first today--I had not seen it before and was super thrilled to see this link.

            Kevin Aston <kevin@...> wrote: This is all answered on this site. The schedules are at the bottom