Muir Trl Ranch food drops etc.

  • patt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2008
      For those interested in info on Muir Trail Ranch food cache resupply
      you should get find answers to most of your questions on their Web
      site under "resupply".
      In reference to the steep/rocky/ short cut trail: It is certainly
      doable but be aware it is not a Forestry maintained "trail", it is used
      by horses, and yes it is steep/rocky, but shady! If you're interested
      in going to Blayney Hot Springs/the Ranch or West to Florence Lake it
      does cut off some milage as your other choice is to go down to the
      Junction and double back.......And for those of you who may be
      traversing the slope above the Ranch to Sally Keyes Lakes you may want
      to plan on doing that section in a.m./late p.m. as there is a lot of
      open South facing slope....Can be "uncomfortable"! on a hot August
      afternoon.
      Since it looks like I'll be on MTR Staff again this summer I'll be
      pleased to answer -general- questions off group.... Patt