Re: Missing Piece of the Puzzle

  • John Kays
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
      Didn't see the original post indicating your timeframe but if you are planning this late in the season, the Red's Meadow shuttle stops the first or second Sunday in September. Probably, therefore should check with forest service as to the exact date if you are planning usage during the early part of September.

    • marti124
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2008
        My questions are answered by this posting. Is there any links to this
        service? Thanks, Paul,

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <eaglepdub@...> wrote:

        > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "jfishernj" <fisherfamilyca@>
        > wrote:
        > >John,
        >
        > You will need to take 3 buses to get to the town of Mammoth Lakes. It
        > is a lot easier than it sounds. When you take the bus from Reds
        > Meadow/Devils postpile to the top of Mammoth mountain ski area inquire
        > with your bus driver. He/She will give you the skinny. You get on the
        > bike bus. This is a bus that brings all the mountain bikes up the
        > hill, it has a long trailer attached. They pick up every 30 minutes or
        > so, it's free and always empty going back down the hill. It also picks
        > up right next to where you just got off from Reds. From this point
        > there is a cute little trolley that runs all around the town of Mammoth
        > Lakes it is also free. The driver can tell you the good spots for food
        > and wine/beer.
        >
        > Paul
        > > Here's the plan:
        > > Park at Mammoth Mountain Inn.
        > > YARTS to TM.
        > > Hike back to Red's Meadow/Devil's Post Pile.
        > > Take shuttle bus from Devil's Post Pile vicinity back to Mammoth
        > Mountain ski area (which is
        > > the shuttle terminus as best I can tell).
        > > BUT, how do I complete the loop and get from ski area shuttle bus
        > stop back to Mammoth
        > > Mountain Inn?
        > > A search of the postings has not provided conclusive answer.
        > > Thanks,
        > > John Fisher

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 12, 2008
          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "marti124" <roleigh@...> wrote:
          >Sheeeeesh Roleigh do I have to do all your homework for you? Just
          kidding, here are the web pages. The only one that is not clear is
          the bike shuttle. Just ask questions of the bus drivers they will
          help you to get where you want to go. You will not have to walk more
          than a few steps prior to or after your hike.

          http://www.nps.gov/depo/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm

          http://www.stayinmammoth.com/transportation.php

          http://www.ci.mammoth-lakes.ca.us/trolley/Trolley%20Flyer.pdf

          Paul