I finally have my pictures posted & snow depth on the trail

  • Kevin Aston
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
      After having reserved my permits for this next years hike, I decided I
      ought to finish posting my pictures from my 07 hike. I was kind of down
      about that hike as I hurt my back at Evolution Creek and we bailed out
      on Piute Trail. This year we are starting at Piute Pass trailhead and
      finishing to the Portal, even if we have to crawl.

      My pictures are posted at:
      http://www.kevinaston.com/JohnMuirLinks.html

      If you are interested in the snow depth on the trail, here is a link to
      the daily report for Crabtree Meadows. With all the snow we are getting
      in Utah, I was interested in what the JMT was getting. That link is:
      http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?CBT

      Good Luck
      Kevin Aston
    • clairehiker
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
        I love seeing the photos. It's always a game around my place-Name that Lake! What creek
        is that?! We had to take pics of the trail signs along the way to keep our slides straight.

        Love the link for snow data-thanks. In the Tahoe region we are getting lots of snow. We
        are hoping for a good snow year, with an early melt. That's not too much to ask for, is it?
        We loved hiking last August because there were absolutely NO mosquitos.
        We have posted some pics of our thru hike, with a trail log, at
        http://www.johnmuirtrail.org

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Aston" <kevin@...> wrote:

        > After having reserved my permits for this next years hike, I decided I
        > ought to finish posting my pictures from my 07 hike. I was kind of down
        > about that hike as I hurt my back at Evolution Creek and we bailed out
        > on Piute Trail. This year we are starting at Piute Pass trailhead and
        > finishing to the Portal, even if we have to crawl.
        >
        > My pictures are posted at:
        > http://www.kevinaston.com/JohnMuirLinks.html
        >
        > If you are interested in the snow depth on the trail, here is a link to
        > the daily report for Crabtree Meadows. With all the snow we are getting
        > in Utah, I was interested in what the JMT was getting. That link is:
        > http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?CBT
        >
        > Good Luck
        > Kevin Aston

      • jamie savellano
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
          Kevin, The text and images on your site are all overlapping. I would suggest using tables when writting your html instead of absolute positioned divs. I'm viewing your site on a normal windows computer.
          jamie

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.comFrom: kevin@...: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:26:48 +0000Subject: [John Muir Trail] I finally have my pictures posted & snow depth on the trail