Mammoth pass today

  • snkworth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      We just hiked our cache into Reds meadows over
      Mammoth pass. We begin ourJMT hike
      Wednesday from HI. Mammoth Pass (9900?) was
      50% covered w snow at it's heaviest and
      route finding was not an issue. The trails
      were particularly nice due to all the recent
      rain. We were at Whitney portal yesterday
      and there was a lot of evidence of water
      having flowed on the road.
      I read the postings all the time on this forum
      but rarely contribute. I appreciate everything
      y'all have to share.
      I hope to see you out on the trail.
      Happy Trails,
      Nancy from Mt. Shasta