Re: Sequoia Kings Pack Train

  • cjoslyn99
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011

      Wow, that's so not the experience I had with them.

      When I was setting up my drop, I had a pretty fluid email conversation with her using the bernerspack@... address (she seems to check her Blackberry often) and then spoke over the phone.

      When my hiking partner dropped out, and I let her know just to deliver my bucket, she acknowledged/responded quickly.  Same when I told her I had to bail a few days later due to injury and I arranged to pick my buckets back up at their Pine Creek Station.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim McCrain" <jim@...> wrote:

      > I FINALLY got a response from Danica as well. Six days AFTER my trip had started! She knew the dates I needed. She mentioned them in her message. Then, She asked if I would send any other business her way. I didn't respond, but the answer is a resounding "NO!" Too many times thay have been un-responsive to inquiries, not to mention their whole "lack of timely permits" situation. You know, in MY business, when someone wants to spend money with me, I respond! Quickly!!!
      >
      > Jim

    • dkane1732
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014

        Has anyone else had a lot of trouble getting in touch with the pack train? Email (both addresses), phone (both numbers), all unanswered.

        I just learned that East Side Sierra Shuttle no longer does bear box drop-offs because the pack train has exclusive rights to Onion Valley/Kearsarge Pass. I would love to resupply over Kearsarge Pass, both logistically and from the sounds of it it is a nice hike and I may try a side trip to the summit of Mt Gould. But now I don't know how I can make the resupply happen - pack train won't answer, Independence PO has inconvenient hours and my current plan has me getting in on a Sunday anyway. Are there other ways to get a quick resupply in that area of the trail?

      • Joe MacLeish
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014

          Just keep trying.  They eventually get back to you.  Try email and phones.  They may be slow on the return calls but they really do deliver the goods.