Re: Hand Gun ???

  • steve quinne
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 1, 2011

      I have some experience with this, and ill share it:

      1.)     If you think you need a gun in the sierras , then you don’t have enough experience in the sierras and your not comfortable with yourself, if that is the case you are probably NOT experienced enough with a gun anyway.

      2.)     It has been shown and I have seen it demonstrated that a charging bear , is VERY hard to stop with a gun , think about it , can you hit a bear and STOP it with a gun , when its charging full speed , PEPPER SPRAY will work….

      3.)     People are careless with guns , last year in the Red Mountain Basin , there is hunting allowed. Hunters were shooting across lower Indian Lake, There are many rules with guns , no target shooting , no shooting across lakes , draws, trails etc , etc , if they catch you doing something you get fined or go to jail ( good ) , I have been shot at , shot over my head all in the wilderness , and it really pisses me off. I would rather not see anyone with a gun cause I don’t TRUST THEM WITH it .

           Leave the Gun at Home , use common sense with Bears , We use our heads , leave the guns , pepper spray at home , go in the wilderness quietly , not smell the place up , and stay out of the way for gods sake, and youll be fine …. And the guy just asked a question I don’t think there is a need to tear themup over a question … Id rather see people ask the questions here man !!! take care all ….

    • nxs_310
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 2, 2011
        thx John.