guns in wilderness

  • richard long
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      There are plenty of good people unfamiliar with wilderness travel in California who think that carrying a gun is something a person should do. I have hiked the JMT and alot of other wilderness, and don't carry a gun myself...too much weight, and not really a need.  The person was asking a question about a gun that is often asked. There have been plenty of other questions asked here, and people don't get insulted for asking the ? with a comment like this:

      "I will kill you with intimidation and ridicule. You are a dumb shit and shouldn't be in the wilderness."
      Some people talk big when they have a blog to protect themselves. Try that "intimidation and ridicule face-to-face, you are likely to get your butt kicked, "tough guy"!