High trail or River Trail

  • drew_hassara
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011
      I'm heading NB from Agnew Meadows to HI at the end of August. My original plan was to take the River Trail to Lake Ediza, on day 2 head to 1000 Islands then continue NB on day three. Would it be better to take the High Trail directly to 1000 Islands then spend a day exploring the 1000 Islands area before heading north on day 3? I want to set a relatively slow pace the first 2-3 days since we'll still be acclimating from the lowlands of the East Coast.