How is hiking the JMT late June early July?

  • Kevin Aston
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2008
      I am planning on hiking from North Lake, by Bishop, to the Portal. How
      is hiking the JMT late June early July? Last year there wasn't as much
      snow at that time of year, but how is it normally, and if there is
      quite a bit of snow, how hard is the hiking? I am mostly interested in
      what it does to the mountain passes,and the staircase, but any input
      you can give would be great. I have only hiked it in late July early
      August, so this year could be a lot different than then, especially
      than last year.
      Thanks
      Kevin Aston