- ... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
late Sunday night...
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of central California...
including the following areas... the Kern County deserts... the
Kern County mountains and the Tulare County mountains.
* From Saturday afternoon through late Sunday night.
* Slow moving thunderstorms may produce locally heavy rains.
* Areas most vulnerable to flooding will include roads along the
flanks of mountains and recent burn areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.