Re: resupply buckets

  • jwrenonv
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
      My wife went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a new bucket and lid. We are doing the JMT NOBO from Horseshoe Meadows so we are doing the MTR resupply to get us to Red's. I was able to get 5 days of food in the bucket for 3 people. I am glad I wasn't going SOBO. I would have shipped 3. I figure it costs about $85 for the bucket, $55 MTR fee and priority mail. Adds up quick for a large SOBO group.

      We are using 3 Bearikade Expeditions that hold 900 cubic inches each. I calculated that a 5 gallon bucket has 1155 cubic inches of volume. I was a expecting the volume to be a bit more for the bucket. Our bear cans will have a room for a lot more than food after MTR.

      Jeff