Sequoia Kings Pack Train

  • ndi_franco11
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2011
      Hi -

      Wondering if anyone has had trouble getting in touch with them? I'm trying to arrange for a resupply around Charlotte Lake and I've been told they are the group to do it.

      If anyone knows of another group that services this area - please let me know.

      Or, if anyone has had any success getting in touch - please let me know how you did it.

      Thanks so much.

      Nikki
    • Srirama Dronamraju
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 28, 2011
        I contacted Pinecreek pack station at: pinecreekps@...  for supply at Charlotte Lk.  Bee is very responsive.  She also called me to enquire about the dates etc. Send email and you should get a reply with in a day or two. Here are the details.

        Danica Berner
        Sequoia Kings Pack Trains
        Email:  pinecreekps@...
        Winter address:  Sequoia Kings Pack Trains, c/o Post Office Box 968, Bishop, CA  93515

        On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM, ndi_franco11 <ndi_franco11@...> wrote:

        Hi -

        Wondering if anyone has had trouble getting in touch with them? I'm trying to arrange for a resupply around Charlotte Lake and I've been told they are the group to do it.

        If anyone knows of another group that services this area - please let me know.

        Or, if anyone has had any success getting in touch - please let me know how you did it.

        Thanks so much.

        Nikki

      • Randy
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 28, 2011
          Hi Nikki.
          I have a resupply scheduled with them at Charlotte Lake for 9/4.
          Communication has been hit and miss. Sometimes I get a reply within 24 hours and sometimes it has taken 2 or 3 emails. I seem to have the best luck sending the email to both bernerspack@... and pinecreekps@....

          Randy

        • mickyeadams@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29, 2011
            I also had trouble with communication. I have left 4-5 emails and 4-5 VM over the past 3 months trying to plan a dunnage drop for my solo 10# resupply. I got messages 2-3 wks later, then Dee forgot whether she responded, etc... I also got inconsistent information about ability to leave stuff at Charlotte lakes. Finally, despite nearly desparate messages that I needed contact ASAP, I called early (7:30 am) and she answered. When I then asked for confirmation about the plan via email, she said I only wanted that so I could sue her if the drop wasn't there. I was shocked. She called back a few days later to apologize and say a trip had come up and I could add on for $150. However, I had found a friend able to join me over Kearsarge and bring my food.

            I thiink they are a fairly small operation and struggling, especially this year. I think they have done this for years and have not kept up wiht the times in terms of expectations for communciation. Had I felt I got consistent and timely information, I probably would have used the service. I do hope they succeed but I have not had a good interaction, at least this year.
          • Jim McCrain
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1 2:00 PM
              I FINALLY got a response from Danica as well. Six days AFTER my trip had started! She knew the dates I needed. She mentioned them in her message. Then, She asked if I would send any other business her way. I didn't respond, but the answer is a resounding "NO!" Too many times thay have been un-responsive to inquiries, not to mention their whole "lack of timely permits" situation. You know, in MY business, when someone wants to spend money with me, I respond! Quickly!!!

              Jim

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "mickyeadams@..." <mickyeadams@...> wrote:

              > I also had trouble with communication. I have left 4-5 emails and 4-5 VM over the past 3 months trying to plan a dunnage drop for my solo 10# resupply. I got messages 2-3 wks later, then Dee forgot whether she responded, etc... I also got inconsistent information about ability to leave stuff at Charlotte lakes. Finally, despite nearly desparate messages that I needed contact ASAP, I called early (7:30 am) and she answered. When I then asked for confirmation about the plan via email, she said I only wanted that so I could sue her if the drop wasn't there. I was shocked. She called back a few days later to apologize and say a trip had come up and I could add on for $150. However, I had found a friend able to join me over Kearsarge and bring my food.
              >
              > I thiink they are a fairly small operation and struggling, especially this year. I think they have done this for years and have not kept up wiht the times in terms of expectations for communciation. Had I felt I got consistent and timely information, I probably would have used the service. I do hope they succeed but I have not had a good interaction, at least this year.

            • cjoslyn99
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1 4:07 PM

                Wow, that's so not the experience I had with them.

                When I was setting up my drop, I had a pretty fluid email conversation with her using the bernerspack@... address (she seems to check her Blackberry often) and then spoke over the phone.

                When my hiking partner dropped out, and I let her know just to deliver my bucket, she acknowledged/responded quickly.  Same when I told her I had to bail a few days later due to injury and I arranged to pick my buckets back up at their Pine Creek Station.

                --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim McCrain" <jim@...> wrote:

                > I FINALLY got a response from Danica as well. Six days AFTER my trip had started! She knew the dates I needed. She mentioned them in her message. Then, She asked if I would send any other business her way. I didn't respond, but the answer is a resounding "NO!" Too many times thay have been un-responsive to inquiries, not to mention their whole "lack of timely permits" situation. You know, in MY business, when someone wants to spend money with me, I respond! Quickly!!!
                >
                > Jim

              • dkane1732
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014

                  Has anyone else had a lot of trouble getting in touch with the pack train? Email (both addresses), phone (both numbers), all unanswered.

                  I just learned that East Side Sierra Shuttle no longer does bear box drop-offs because the pack train has exclusive rights to Onion Valley/Kearsarge Pass. I would love to resupply over Kearsarge Pass, both logistically and from the sounds of it it is a nice hike and I may try a side trip to the summit of Mt Gould. But now I don't know how I can make the resupply happen - pack train won't answer, Independence PO has inconvenient hours and my current plan has me getting in on a Sunday anyway. Are there other ways to get a quick resupply in that area of the trail?

                • Joe MacLeish
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014

                    Just keep trying.  They eventually get back to you.  Try email and phones.  They may be slow on the return calls but they really do deliver the goods.