off topic

  • pete
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
      I hiked the JMT last summer for the second time and had a great time.
      All the advice I got here made the trip a snap (other than some of the
      passes!!).

      I wonder if anyone can offer some suggestions for something along the
      PCT for another ~100-200 miler. Does anyone have info on the HST and
      how to make it a round trip so I could leave my car and hike back to
      it.

      Now really of topic does anyone recomend the Colorado Trail and have
      any ideas or suggestions?

      Merry Christmas to all and happy hiking,
      Pete
    • Frank Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "pete" <pnagy1@...> wrote:

        > I wonder if anyone can offer some suggestions for something along the
        > PCT for another ~100-200 miler. Does anyone have info on the HST and
        > how to make it a round trip so I could leave my car and hike back to
        > it.

        I would just hike to Juction Meadow where the HST meets the JMT above
        Crabtree. If you hiked the JMT 2x then maybe skip Whitney and head
        South on the JMT over Forrester to Viddete. Then head down to Roads
        End and hitch back to your car. Or you could leave your car there before.

        PCT

        You could hike from TM to Ebbets Pass. It is about 75 miles to Sonora
        Pass. Ebbets is Highway 4.

        It is a long shuttle back but doable. I did Sonora Pass to Etna in
        Sept 2007. I manged to get a ride to Sonora and took the bus back
        from Etna.