Re: [John Muir Trail] New Improved JMT Profile

  • Fred Sharples
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 20, 2007
      I stayed the the Tuolumne Meadows Resort last June to duck out of a
      snowstorm on my JMT trip <http://fredsharples.com/jmt.html>. Dinner prices
      have gone way up. (around $20-25) Superb food though. I was grateful to get
      a wood stove and a good meal, rather than ride out the storm in my solo
      tent.
      You can use the hot showers there for a small fee during the mid day hours,
      even if you are not staying there.

      Quake
      http://biggestroom.com

      On 12/20/07, Brian O'Kelly <losthillsguy@...> wrote:

      > thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@... <tgtaylor7%40yahoo.com>> wrote: Jay,
      >
      > Nearby is the Toulumne Resort where there is a store
      > and, better, a RESTAURANT that serves supper until 9PM
      > - about $10/head if I remember correctly. Way better
      > than the grill IMO. It near the backpacker permit
      > station and parking lot. YARTS goes there and you can
      > always hitch a ride but it's not more than a mile from
      > the blacktop. You can also shower there in the
      > afternoon legally.
      >
      > Thomas
      > --- Strine Jay <hundyff@... <hundyff%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > but 5:00pm on the dot. We came out of Toulumne
      > > Meadows and all could think about was the Grill. We
      > > had on person who was tired and slow. We encouraged
      > > him on and made it there at 5:10pm. The store was
      > > still open, but not the grill. I was able to beg and
      > > plead and they let me use the restroom before they
      > > locked it up, but I could not order any food.

      > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

      Orange Design Inc.
      Games - Tech - Art
      2601 Mission Street #800