Transportation

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 59 , Dec 3, 2007
      I don't know which direction you are coming from but there is a bus
      from Mammoth to Bishop and another from Bishop to Lone Pine 2x/day
      viaInyo Mono Transit.

      Crest also has service on alternate days.

      I have never had much problem hitch hiking North out of Bishop but
      have had long waits going South. It can get really hot on 395 in the
      summer.

      Bishop to Mammoth

      http://tinyurl.com/2vzf6d

      http://tinyurl.com/296qcu

      Lone Pine to Bishop

      http://tinyurl.com/228xnz

      Crest

      http://www.inyocounty.us/transit/CRESTpage.htm

      Timing may change from year to year so check back before your trip.

      good luck,

      frank
    • Inga Aksamit
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 10, 2014
        It sounds like Paul, of East Side Shuttle may be your best bet at this time of year. You could contact him and get a quote. I forget where you're end point is but if you leave your car in Mammoth (the town--maybe make a reservation at a motel for when you return and see if they'll let you leave your car) he could take you to TM, then pick you up at the end and deliver you back to Mammoth. We used Paul this summer and he was great, but of course costs more than all the public transportation options available in summer (which are not available now). It depends on your budget.

        Inga Aksamit
        Mobile: 415-470-1812
        Email: Iaksamit@...
        Twitter.com/IngaAksamit