Transportation

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 69 , Dec 3, 2007
      I don't know which direction you are coming from but there is a bus
      from Mammoth to Bishop and another from Bishop to Lone Pine 2x/day
      viaInyo Mono Transit.

      Crest also has service on alternate days.

      I have never had much problem hitch hiking North out of Bishop but
      have had long waits going South. It can get really hot on 395 in the
      summer.

      Bishop to Mammoth

      http://tinyurl.com/2vzf6d

      http://tinyurl.com/296qcu

      Lone Pine to Bishop

      http://tinyurl.com/228xnz

      Crest

      http://www.inyocounty.us/transit/CRESTpage.htm

      Timing may change from year to year so check back before your trip.

      good luck,

      frank
    • Kim Fishburn
      Message 69 of 69 , Mar 31
        I got my route wrong. It's the 42A and B bus. 42A goes from the Airport to downtown Sacramento. 42B goes the other direction. The bus makes a big loop connection Sacramento, Davis, Woodland and the airport.

        Kim

        On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Kim Fishburn <animalfarm99@...> wrote:
        The bus from Sacramento to the Airport is the Yolo 41 A or B bus. Ask the driver to make sure you have the right bus or you'll be going the long direction. Don't look for a city bus. It's a Yolo County bus.

        Kim

        On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:44 PM, groundhogsteve@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com > wrote:

        From RNO, take the ESTA bus to Lone Pine.  Others who are more familiar with the southern end will have to tell you how to get to Cottonwood from there.  Do note that the ESTA bus Reno to  Lone Pine only runs certain days of the week.

        From Yosemite Valley, you're right that YARTS 120 service over Tioga Pass will be done for the season by the time you get there.  So will the hiker buses.  In that case, take the YARTS bus to either Fresno (they stop right at the Fresno Airport) or to Merced and take Amtrak to Sacramento (then city bus to the Sacramento Airport, or Amtrak Thruway bus to Reno)  or take Amtrak to the Bay Area - you can get to Oakland and SFO fairly easily.

        If you want assistance with the details, send me an email groundhogsteve at yahoo spot com and I'd be glad to help you out.