Re: White Buckets for resupply

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2007
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "RAChurcher" <rachurcher@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I am planning a JMT trip next summer, flying in to San Francisco
      > from UK. Can anyone tell me where to buy the white pails/buckets that
      > are required for resupply use??
      >
      > Thanks
      > Bob

      Hi,

      I have just done multiple resupplies for a very long PCT Section. The
      most cost efficient method is to use the 'flat rate' Express Mail
      boxes that are available free at the Post Office. They come in various
      sizes. You can cram as much as you want into the boxes and it is one
      rate. It is cheaper than using your own box.

      On the PCT they use the plastic buckets as a 'bounce box'. It is not
      a resupply per se but a way to forward things that they may or may not
      need at a certain point in the hike. This can get expensive now as
      the Post Office has changed the way they bill the packages this year.

      The activity on the group will pick up in the spring. keep in touch.

      Good luck,

      frank