Is There Any Public Transit to Sonora?

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2007
      I'm almost ready to do a PCT Section Hike North out of Sonora Pass. I
      know I can take Amtrak to Merced but I didn't see any connections by
      bus out of there. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this or
      even better if anyone was heading that way out of the Bay Area.

      I would be content in getting 'close'and just hitchhiking the rest of
      the way.

      thanks,

      frank
    • BillHilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
        Look in to taking Amtrak to Reno instead. Then a bus to the Sonora
        Pass intersection on Highway 395. I think it would be an easy
        hitchhike up the hill from there, as everybody on that road is on
        vacation and in a good mood.