Re: Hikers swept off bridge in Yosemite; 1 dead

  • Herb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2 6:18 AM

      It was a hot day, so hikers were doing the 5 bridge out-and-back run for a thrilling ice-cold drenching. While there was some water flowing on to the bridge, it was no where near enough to take your feet. But I can imagine with rain and additional run off how the crossing could quickly become dangerous.

      I posted a short video to youtube showing my wife and son coming off the bridges. Although its a very short shot, during the first few seconds you can see the power of the falls and water striking the first bridge. As I recall, there was another spot on the bridges near the middle that was also being hit directly by the falls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0_fAOTJFg

      Herb