Re: Who is the current record holder on the JMT (New)

  • Patronio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
      Fred and Frank:
      How about the female record holder. I heard that It was Catra Corbett. I
      fould her website and she claims to have done it in 8 days , 3 hours, in her 2005
      blog. But then I read an article about Metzger, in which she is mentioned to
      have done it it four days and few hours. .. Do you have any lead or more info
      about this lady? I tried to contact her by the e-mail address provided in her
      blog does not work.
      Thank you,
      Julio

    • Catra Corbett
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
        Julio-
        This is Catra. I did the JMT in 5 days 15 hours and 50 min. In 2004. I was going for the YO YO record which I got the same year. I did the whole thing in 12 days 4 hours and 57 min.
        Cheers,
        Catra

        catrapct.blogspot.com
        trailgirl.blogspot.com

        Patronio@... wrote:
        Fred and Frank:
        How about the female record holder. I heard that It was Catra Corbett. I
        fould her website and she claims to have done it in 8 days , 3 hours, in her 2005
        blog. But then I read an article about Metzger, in which she is mentioned to
        have done it it four days and few hours. .. Do you have any lead or more info
        about this lady? I tried to contact her by the e-mail address provided in her
        blog does not work.
        Thank you,
        Julio

        "Lifes a journey not a destination"
        http://www.trailgirl.blogspot.com

      • Frank Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2007
          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Patronio@... wrote:

          > Fred and Frank:
          > How about the female record holder. I heard that It was Catra
          Corbett. I
          > fould her website and she claims to have done it in 8 days , 3
          hours, in her 2005
          > blog. But then I read an article about Metzger, in which she is
          mentioned to
          > have done it it four days and few hours. .. Do you have any lead or
          more info
          > about this lady? I tried to contact her by the e-mail address
          provided in her
          > blog does not work.
          > Thank you,
          > Julio

          Hi Julio,
          She is out doing the PCT right now. She made it to Oregon the other day.
          She is a trip!! I've run into her a few times and she has posted here
          several times.

          I think her unsupported record is 5 days and ten hours. She did a
          Yo-yo and set the record the first half.

          This is her PCT Blog.

          http://www.catrapct.blogspot.com/

          http://www.myspace.com/catrarunner

          frank
        • Patronio@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
            Thank you so much Catra for your prompt response to my inquiry. Good luck on
            the PCT!
            Julio