Re: Food selection — good news

  • Jack Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
      I've said it before and I'll say it again and again. A lot of people get sick at high altitudes on a high fat diet. Know your limits before you hit the trail.

      Jack Young

      Let go or ... be dragged.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
        If you intend to hike with a low carb, high fat/protein diet, you need to condition your body before the hike to avoid the roughness.  Dr. Michael Eades, M.D., discusses this very well.

        http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/ketones-and-ketosis/tips-tricks-for-starting-or-restarting-low-carb-pt-i/
        http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/tips-tricks-for-starting-or-restarting-low-carb-pt-ii/