Fishing

  • Bronco
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2011
      We are considering fly fishing the southern lakes. Any advice?
    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011
        Salt, pepper and garlic

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bronco" <dawgbronco@...> wrote:

        > We are considering fly fishing the southern lakes. Any advice?

      • Joe MacLeish
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011

          Fish for Golden Trout at Big Pete Meadow at the bottom of LeConte Canyon.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011
            If you want UL fishing gear, some people go for these (not first hand knowledge, only reading knowledge)

            http://www.tenkarausa.com/index.php?cPath=22

            Tenkara Rods

            Tenkara rods are ideal for mountain stream fly fishing. They are very lightweight, very portable, telescoping into a mere 20 inches, and thus excellent for backpacking. At eleven to over fourteen feet long, all tenkara rods are designed for mountain stream fly fishing. Though we want to keep our lineup simple, we thought anglers would benefit from a good selection of rods to fit their needs.
            Quick suggestions: 11ft Iwana for tighter streams with lots of trees around. 12ft Iwana or Ebisu as "all-arounders". 12ft Yamame for good chances of catching larger fish (e.g. bass or trout over 16"). 13 1/2ft Amago for larger fish and larger streams. 13ft Ayu for average, relatively open stream and desire for a softer rod. 13ft-14ft7in Ito as all-arounder mountain stream rod with and desire for extra reach and a lot of versatility in a premium rod. Rod action should be chosen based on personal preference for more flexible (5:5 or soft 6:4) or stiffer rods(6:4 or 7:3).

            NOTES: *Every rod is 100% guaranteed for its life (see our Guarantee page). *Use only tippet of 7lbs (~3.5kg) breaking strength or less.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
                regular fly fishing or tenkara ?

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
                  Lemon/pepper grinder from the 99c store