RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Tuolumne 6/23

  • ned@mountaineducation.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2011
      Hey, Bob!

      Fantastic report on the practical use of self-arrest training in a more than common application!

      As I was reading it, I was waiting for you to describe how one of the members who didn't take off his/her crampons went head over heels when glissading and the crampons caught the snow!

      Goes to show how the simple training in snow skills can make or break your trip...

      "Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

      Ned Tibbits, Director
      Mountain Education
      1106A Ski Run Blvd