RE: [John Muir Trail] PCT journals

  • ned@mountaineducation.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2011
      What concerns me, and scares me to death, is how many are in denial, too! Come on, with all the weather reports from this winter and Mountain Education's warnings and skills trainings, why do they always go so unprepared? We read about falls, slides into rocks and trees, snow bridges collapsing, raging torrents of streams they are trying to wade through and still they continue? For your own safety and the future enjoyment of hikes to come, know when to stop and head out! Some of these trailjournal stories are horrifying!

      "Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

      Ned Tibbits, Director
      Mountain Education
      1106A Ski Run Blvd