Re: [John Muir Trail] Keeping track of fires going on in Yosemite National Park

  • clairehiker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
      We were in Lyell Canyon a few years ago, and a fire was burning across the creek. There was a "do not report this fire, we know about it" sign, but it was a little unnerving to be so close to it. We continued a couple of miles before we camped for the night.
      In 2007 there was a lot of smoke, and it did make for some great sunsets.It was from fires in Santa Barbara.
      Claire