Re: Yosemite to Mammoth - Not on the JMT

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
      Not a lot of trail options between YV and Mammoth, two big ranges in the way. If you want high country you may prefer to choose a route through the Clark Range, Volgelsang, then back toward TM, up the Dana Fk, over Koip Peak Pass, Agnew Pass, High Trail (PCT) to Mammoth. A lot of fine country.

      The only other way south over the Merced Range are Isberg or Post Pk Pass. Very beautiful country up there, but then a descent into very forested country all the way down to the North Fk San Joaquin to get around the south end of the Ritter Range. It's a beautiful trip, but low.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com