Re: [John Muir Trail] availibility of gas canisters at resupply points on the jmt

  • Bob Bankhead
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      According to their website (http://www.muirtrailranch.com/resupply.html) Muir Trail Ranch carries propane canisters in stock at all times.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: briceeking
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:19 AM
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] availibility of gas canisters at resupply points on the jmt

      Hi,
      Can anyone fill me in on the availability of compressed gas canisters
      (msr, primus, etc) at the resupply points?

      Can you get them in Tolumne, Reds, VVR?

      Also, does anyone have a feel for number of liters of boiled water per
      canister (what size canister) at the elevation of the trail? I know
      what I can get at sea level on the east coast but have no way of
      knowing how it will perform at elevation.

      Thanks in advance
      Brice

    • Kevin Aston
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        I was there just over a week ago, and they do not have a store that
        you can walk in and buy stuff from. I would ask the lady helping us
        get our resupply questions about do you have this or that, and they
        would say yes or no, but there was not a place to go shopping. I
        would send them an email and make a specific request saying do you
        have this, please put my name on one. They also only deal with cash
        or checks, no credit cards.
        Kevin A
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Bankhead"