Re: [John Muir Trail] FYI: Short Stay at MTR August 25 to September 1

  • dh5169
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2007
      Patt,
      Thanks for the input. I have called and emailed, though admittedly
      no one has responded, yet. My primary reason for posting was to let
      people know that this week was posted as available - it had not been
      last time I had looked at the website. I see now they are also
      showing limited space available July 21 to July 28.
      Doug

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Patt gray <sntrekker@...> wrote:

      > Doug:
      > FYI your stay at MTR...be sure to confirm with the
      website:www.muirtrailranch.com for the date(s) you wish to stay
      there...Tho it is listed as "short stay" there is a LOT of coming in
      and out....would hate to have you be disappointed.....Patt@mtr

      > dh5169 <dh5169@...> wrote:
      > MTR has added the above week to their available "Short Stay"
      dates. We
      > had hoped to stay there because we plan to resupply there, but
      earlier
      > in the season this week was not available. Since this matches the
      time-
      > frame we will be resupplying, we plan to overnight there for our
      last
      > chance at a "real" meal, bath and bed. This means we can skip VVR
      and
      > the long hike off and back to the JMT.
      >
      > Just thought I would pass this along to anyone else that might be
      > interested.
      >
      > Doug
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > patt gray

    • John Kays
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2007
        Apparently they don't respond to email. I emailed them a couple of days ago
        w/ no response. Has anyone else been successful in garnering a reply?
      • Fred Sharples
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
          I've been able to contact them via email in the past. They took about 5 days
          to get back.

          You could try the phone number 209-966-3195. I heard they frown upon people
          calling about resupply buckets but for a reservation, it might be well
          received.

          _____

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
            Save yourself the cost of a phone call. I first called, but was
            told it was best to email because the phone is not at the ranch.
            So, I emailed. After a few days and no return call or email, I
            called again. It was again suggested I email, so I did that today.
            Guess I'll see what happens.

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Sharples" <fred@...>
            wrote:

            > I've been able to contact them via email in the past. They took
            about 5 days
            > to get back.
            >
            > You could try the phone number 209-966-3195. I heard they frown
            upon people
            > calling about resupply buckets but for a reservation, it might be
            well
            > received.
            >

            > _____

          • dh5169
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
              Guess Saturday's are for responding to email. I did receive a
              response to both emails I sent. Just wanted to post that in all
              fairness to the folks at MTR.
              Doug