Re: [John Muir Trail] FYI: Short Stay at MTR August 25 to September 1

  • Patt gray
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
      Doug:
      FYI your stay at MTR...be sure to confirm with the website:www.muirtrailranch.com for the date(s) you wish to stay there...Tho it is listed as "short stay" there is a LOT of coming in and out....would hate to have you be disappointed.....Patt@mtr

      dh5169 <dh5169@...> wrote:
      MTR has added the above week to their available "Short Stay" dates. We
      had hoped to stay there because we plan to resupply there, but earlier
      in the season this week was not available. Since this matches the time-
      frame we will be resupplying, we plan to overnight there for our last
      chance at a "real" meal, bath and bed. This means we can skip VVR and
      the long hike off and back to the JMT.

      Just thought I would pass this along to anyone else that might be
      interested.

      Doug

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      patt gray

    • dh5169
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2007
        Patt,
        Thanks for the input. I have called and emailed, though admittedly
        no one has responded, yet. My primary reason for posting was to let
        people know that this week was posted as available - it had not been
        last time I had looked at the website. I see now they are also
        showing limited space available July 21 to July 28.
        Doug

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Patt gray <sntrekker@...> wrote:

        > Doug:
        > FYI your stay at MTR...be sure to confirm with the
        website:www.muirtrailranch.com for the date(s) you wish to stay
        there...Tho it is listed as "short stay" there is a LOT of coming in
        and out....would hate to have you be disappointed.....Patt@mtr

        > dh5169 <dh5169@...> wrote:
        > MTR has added the above week to their available "Short Stay"
        dates. We
        > had hoped to stay there because we plan to resupply there, but
        earlier
        > in the season this week was not available. Since this matches the
        time-
        > frame we will be resupplying, we plan to overnight there for our
        last
        > chance at a "real" meal, bath and bed. This means we can skip VVR
        and
        > the long hike off and back to the JMT.
        >
        > Just thought I would pass this along to anyone else that might be
        > interested.
        >
        > Doug
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > patt gray

      • John Kays
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2007
          Apparently they don't respond to email. I emailed them a couple of days ago
          w/ no response. Has anyone else been successful in garnering a reply?
        • Fred Sharples
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
            I've been able to contact them via email in the past. They took about 5 days
            to get back.

            You could try the phone number 209-966-3195. I heard they frown upon people
            calling about resupply buckets but for a reservation, it might be well
            received.

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
              Save yourself the cost of a phone call. I first called, but was
              told it was best to email because the phone is not at the ranch.
              So, I emailed. After a few days and no return call or email, I
              called again. It was again suggested I email, so I did that today.
              Guess I'll see what happens.

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Sharples" <fred@...>
              wrote:

              > I've been able to contact them via email in the past. They took
              about 5 days
              > to get back.
              >
              > You could try the phone number 209-966-3195. I heard they frown
              upon people
              > calling about resupply buckets but for a reservation, it might be
              well
              > received.
              >

              > _____

            • dh5169
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
                Guess Saturday's are for responding to email. I did receive a
                response to both emails I sent. Just wanted to post that in all
                fairness to the folks at MTR.
                Doug