FYI: Short Stay at MTR August 25 to September 1

  • dh5169
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
      MTR has added the above week to their available "Short Stay" dates. We
      had hoped to stay there because we plan to resupply there, but earlier
      in the season this week was not available. Since this matches the time-
      frame we will be resupplying, we plan to overnight there for our last
      chance at a "real" meal, bath and bed. This means we can skip VVR and
      the long hike off and back to the JMT.

      Just thought I would pass this along to anyone else that might be
      interested.

      Doug
    • Patt gray
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
        Doug:
        FYI your stay at MTR...be sure to confirm with the website:www.muirtrailranch.com for the date(s) you wish to stay there...Tho it is listed as "short stay" there is a LOT of coming in and out....would hate to have you be disappointed.....Patt@mtr

        dh5169 <dh5169@...> wrote:
        MTR has added the above week to their available "Short Stay" dates. We
        had hoped to stay there because we plan to resupply there, but earlier
        in the season this week was not available. Since this matches the time-
        frame we will be resupplying, we plan to overnight there for our last
        chance at a "real" meal, bath and bed. This means we can skip VVR and
        the long hike off and back to the JMT.

        Just thought I would pass this along to anyone else that might be
        interested.

        Doug

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        patt gray

      • dh5169
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2007
          Patt,
          Thanks for the input. I have called and emailed, though admittedly
          no one has responded, yet. My primary reason for posting was to let
          people know that this week was posted as available - it had not been
          last time I had looked at the website. I see now they are also
          showing limited space available July 21 to July 28.
          Doug

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Patt gray <sntrekker@...> wrote:

          > Doug:
          > FYI your stay at MTR...be sure to confirm with the
          website:www.muirtrailranch.com for the date(s) you wish to stay
          there...Tho it is listed as "short stay" there is a LOT of coming in
          and out....would hate to have you be disappointed.....Patt@mtr

          > dh5169 <dh5169@...> wrote:
          > MTR has added the above week to their available "Short Stay"
          dates. We
          > had hoped to stay there because we plan to resupply there, but
          earlier
          > in the season this week was not available. Since this matches the
          time-
          > frame we will be resupplying, we plan to overnight there for our
          last
          > chance at a "real" meal, bath and bed. This means we can skip VVR
          and
          > the long hike off and back to the JMT.
          >
          > Just thought I would pass this along to anyone else that might be
          > interested.
          >
          > Doug
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > patt gray

        • John Kays
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2007
            Apparently they don't respond to email. I emailed them a couple of days ago
            w/ no response. Has anyone else been successful in garnering a reply?
          • Fred Sharples
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
              I've been able to contact them via email in the past. They took about 5 days
              to get back.

              You could try the phone number 209-966-3195. I heard they frown upon people
              calling about resupply buckets but for a reservation, it might be well
              received.

              _____

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
                Save yourself the cost of a phone call. I first called, but was
                told it was best to email because the phone is not at the ranch.
                So, I emailed. After a few days and no return call or email, I
                called again. It was again suggested I email, so I did that today.
                Guess I'll see what happens.

                --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Sharples" <fred@...>
                wrote:

                > I've been able to contact them via email in the past. They took
                about 5 days
                > to get back.
                >
                > You could try the phone number 209-966-3195. I heard they frown
                upon people
                > calling about resupply buckets but for a reservation, it might be
                well
                > received.
                >

                > _____

              • dh5169
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
                  Guess Saturday's are for responding to email. I did receive a
                  response to both emails I sent. Just wanted to post that in all
                  fairness to the folks at MTR.
                  Doug