RE: [John Muir Trail] just completed JMT southbound - June 24

  • Fred Sharples
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28, 2007
      Hi Kevin,

      The longest dry stretches were

      Deer Creek to Paiute Creek Bridge (there was a little water that I didn't
      take advantage of).

      Tyndall Creek to Wallace Creek

      Wallace Creek to Crabtree

      Guitar Lake to Trail Camp

      I carried very little water which made it seem worse than it is. I never
      carried more than a liter and often I didn't carry any.

      I usually drank 2 liters and then carried one when it was a long stretch. I
      wouldn't advise this. I just wanted to save weight and see how well it
      worked. I also didn't treat or filter water except before Half Dome, at Rae
      Lakes, Tyndall Creek & all around Mt. Whitney. I also don't advise this but
      I didn't want to carry a pump. I feel fine BTW.