Jetboil Sol - Anybody used one?

  • Joe MacLeish
    Message 1 of 32 , May 31, 2011
      So I just bought this thing because it weighs less (20 oz with 9 days fuel) than my MSR and pots and fuel. I have two questions. Is the striker/lighter reliable? and can I cook up a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese? The water pot says 0.8 liters and the Kraft box says 6 cups of water but most all of it gets chucked. Has anybody done it since I want 3 of these dinners on my trip. I guess my other option is to cook up a Kraft mac and Cheese for dinner at home on my Jetboil and see. Appreciate any input, cautions, etc
    • trail2nowhere
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 5, 2011
        We use secchi salami. Very dense and yummy. You can get it in most half way descent delis. We alway put a stick of it in our resupply boxes as a treat.