Re: [John Muir Trail] Super Cat stove

    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2011
      On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:02 AM, James <jgoring1@...> wrote:

      My kids and I are planning a north to south hike this august, and I am so far planning on using the ridiculously light and cheap and simple cat food can alcohol stove that Andrew Skurka swears by. I've got a surplus MSR windscreen from a cartridge stove set up to go with it. Any one here use a similar rig with success? My main concerns are wind, and the invisible flame.

      I am no alcohol fan but there is an easy trick to make the flame visible.

      http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/backyard-science/alcohol-stove

      Also found in our area for Links - equipment - cooking

      John Ladd