Re: [John Muir Trail] Sierra High Route Map Set & Databook

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26, 2011
      The Theodore Solomons Trail is another alternative to the JMT. Not many have heard of this route. I see it goes into Tehepite Valley. I know the trail from the north is an unmaintained trail (3000 ft Elevation change) that doesn't show up on all the maps. I didn't have much trouble with it in the mid 80's but there was little traffic on it. There was even a hornets nest in the dirt in the middle of the trail.

      http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Theodore-Solomons-Dennis-Gagnon/dp/0934136343