Re: Dishes

  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 7 , May 25, 2011
      I take a small container of Ivory Bar Soap and a sponge/scotchbrite pad. After dishing up the food I put some water in the dirtiest pot to warm in the fire. Then wash and rinse. I then put the pots and pans on a log or rock , inverted. On some occasions it is too dark or I'm too tired so I put them a ways from camp and wash in the morning. I use bacon grease to fry in and unless I''ve fried fish just wipe it out after dinner and wash it after breakfast. I've yet had a bear lick any of my pots or pans clean. I once had a bear jump over the washed dishes in Vidette.