Re: [John Muir Trail] Re:;John Muir Trail] Water purification

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2011
      Definitely lithium, non-rechargeable. The Steripen website recommendsvthese.  I used Energizer.  I carried 2 in the Steripen plus 2 spare.  I sent 2 in each resupply (Reds, MTR, Kearsage).  I treated 4L of water at night with Micropur tabs, so didn't use the Steripen for that. That water was for next days breakfast and to carry with us.  I found that any chlorine tablet taste dissipated overnight. The Opti has the flashlight option I believe.  If you don't that it maybe uses less juice too.

      Good luck!

      Barbara
      Typos by iPad

      On May 24, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Viraj Ward <birdnlady@...> wrote:

      Barbara,
          I just bought the SteriPen Opt-Adventurer (was on sale at REI, so how could I resist!).  Was wondering if you used lithium batteries or regular for your last trip. Also, I'm trying to guage how many to bring (regardless of type). Any estimates you could share?
      Viraj Ward
      SOBO, 7/5/11