Anyone going southbound in June?

  • Fred Sharples
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17 10:18 AM
      Due to some work schedule changes, I'm going to change my southbound solo
      trip from August to June 4. Soon!

      Because of the very mild winter, it seems like a unique opportunity to go
      this early. Hopefully a rare opportunity.

      Muir Trail Ranch and Vermillion will be open just in time.

      Anyone else going in June?

    • thomas taylor
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17 7:56 PM
        I'm planning to do Kearsarge Pass to Whitney Portal
        Saturday, 26 May thru Friday, 1 June, and spending
        that Saturday and Sunday (June 1 & 2) in the Alabama
        Hills. June 4th is my birthday!!!

        Thomas
        --- Fred Sharples <fred@...> wrote:

        > Due to some work schedule changes, I'm going to
        > change my southbound solo
        > trip from August to June 4. Soon!
        >

        > Because of the very mild winter, it seems like a
        > unique opportunity to go
        > this early. Hopefully a rare opportunity.
        >

        > Muir Trail Ranch and Vermillion will be open just in
        > time.
        >
        > Anyone else going in June?

        > removed]

        Best regards,

        Thomas

        Thomas Taylor
        tgtaylor7@...
        http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7
      • Fred Sharples
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18 9:08 AM
          Thomas,

          It looks like you'll be ahead of me by a few weeks. Have a great trip and
          happy birthday. What a great place to spend it.

          --- Fred Sharples <fred@... <mailto:fred%40orangedesign.com> >
          wrote:

          > Due to some work schedule changes, I'm going to
          > change my southbound solo
          > trip from August to June 4. Soon!
          >

          > Because of the very mild winter, it seems like a
          > unique opportunity to go
          > this early. Hopefully a rare opportunity.
          >

          > Muir Trail Ranch and Vermillion will be open just in
          > time.
          >
          > Anyone else going in June?

          > removed]

          Best regards,

          Thomas

          Thomas Taylor
          tgtaylor7@... <mailto:tgtaylor7%40yahoo.com>
          http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7

        • Frank Martin
          Message 4 of 5 , May 21 8:53 AM
            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Sharples" <fred@...> wrote:

            > Due to some work schedule changes, I'm going to change my southbound
            solo
            > trip from August to June 4. Soon!
            >

            > Because of the very mild winter, it seems like a unique opportunity
            to go
            > this early. Hopefully a rare opportunity.
            >

            > Muir Trail Ranch and Vermillion will be open just in time.
            >
            > Anyone else going in June?

            Hi,

            Some people I know hiked to Ten Lakes this past weekend and turned
            around before the pass as there was three feet of soft snow at 9300'.

            Despite the mild winter you should be prepared for snow travel
            certainly right off the bat at Donohue pass.

            good luck.
          • Fred Sharples
            Message 5 of 5 , May 21 9:30 AM
              Thanks for the helpful info. I'll expect snow & ice for sure.

              I'll try to post up any info when I get to Mammoth.