Re: Anyone experienced with quilt sleeping systems on the JMT?

  • paul.locasio
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2011
      In November bought a Jardine quilt kit and an MLD Trailstar. Have used them at least 10 nights, although only twice below freezing. I actually sleep better under it because I felt constrained in a bag and prefer to sleep on my stomach. I extended the foot envelope about 6 inches and added three tabs of velcro to the "draftstoppers" so I can connect the edges under me halfway up. It will compress down as needed. Weight with stuff sack is 34 oz. I have no hesitation about using it in the Sierras.