Re: Resupply@Reds Meadow

  • Don
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2011
      I can't imagine any reason Red's wouldn't accept a package from the post office no matter how it was labeled. Bob Tanner, the owner is a crusty guy but also a businessman and is not about to upset a potential customer (an assumption only--not the crusty part). Just remember to make allowances for the extra time it will take for the package to get there via surface mail. If you do decide to buy canisters along the way I would plan on being adaptable. Last year VVR was out of canisters when I arrived there. An unusual occurrence but things happen. I've found that the prices for canisters aren't that much more at the usual resupply points so I've always purchased them along the way. The $1-$2 savings isn't worth it to me for the extra hassle of mailing them and the possibility that a postal worker along the way decides to interrupt the postal regs in some creative way. When I've passed through MTR there have always been partially used canisters free for the taking.