[John Muir Trail] This may be a redundant question, but I am not clear about camping at Yosemite

  • mbdingledy@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      yes, it is possible. I did it last year. Start early!

      MB

      From: "Julio" <Patronio@...>
      Is it possible for backpackers starting the JMT to camp in Little
      Yosemite Valley? I believe that it was in this forum, someone brought
      up that issue and mentioned that backpackers are not allowed, or
      something like that.
      I am planning to start at Happy Isles and go immediately the same day
      to camp at Little Yosemite and then spend the rest of the day clmbing
      Half Dome. Does this plan sound reasonable?
      Thank you,
      Julio