Re: [John Muir Trail] (Video) My New John Muir Trail Map Set & Guidebook

  • ncalcamper
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 25 7:13 PM
      I have Erik's JMT Atlas.  I think it's great and plan on using it for my hike this summer.  I do like the Tom Harris maps and maps that postholer.com have recently published, but for pure packability, Erik's Atlas rules!  The scale is the same as the Tom Harris maps, but all contained in one nice little book.  I've already lost one of the TH maps and I'm not even on the trail!

      One thing that I've been contemplating is how to incorporate the E. Wenk campsites into Erik's Atlas.  I'm going to bring my iPhone, so it's likely an electronic answer, but I like his Atas so much, and the idea of one-stop reference is really appealing.  I may color them in!

      Bottom line, I think it's worth the investment.