Re: [John Muir Trail] A week on the JMT...need advice

  • Bob Bankhead
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2007
      Jim:

      There is a lovely loop route up into the Minarettes west of the JMT between Garnet Lake and Reds Meadow. The trail goes west, leaving the JMT a little before Shadow Lake, then runs up to Ediza, Iceburg, and Cecile Lakes. I'm told this is serious bear territory up here. Then it's a short cross country (down a scree slope) to Minaret Lake. You pick up trail again there and walk east along Minaret Creek, meeting the JMT in Johnston Meadows just NW of Minaret Falls, and follow the JMT from there into Reds Meadow.

      Send me your email address and I'll send you a map.

      Wandering Bob